We’ve selected 100+ of our favourite sleep quotes for you to enjoy under the blankets or on the road, ranging from amusing sleep quotes to emotional sayings to share with your kids.
What is it about sleep that makes it so amusing? As it turns out, quite a few things. With our favourite sleep sayings below, you’ll go to bed chuckling.
Types of Quotes
I Love Sleeping Funny Quotes
We all have those nights when we just can’t get enough sleep. We’ve compiled a list of can’t sleep quotes to keep you entertained the next time you’re having trouble sleeping. They’ll make you laugh and make you feel a sense of comradery with others who have the same problem.
- “The only time I have problems is when I sleep.”
- “They tell you that at his age, all they do is eat, sleep, and poop. And what I’ve learned is they can actually do all three at the same time. Who knew?”
- “Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. ”
- “When you lie down, you will not be afraid. Your sleep will be sweet.”
- If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.
- “No day is so bad it can’t be fixed with a nap.”
- “Yea, all things live forever, though at times they sleep and are forgotten.”
- Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need to sleep.
- “When you wake up with a song stuck in your head, it means an angel sang you to sleep.”
- “The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world.”
- Why fall in love when you can fall asleep?
- “You miss 100% of the naps you don’t take.”
- “Me: Please let me sleep! Brain: Nope, we have to stay up together and go over every bad life decision we have made so far.”
- Me risking my joy, career, and future to get extra 15 minutes of sleep.
- “Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.”
- “Babies smile in their sleep because they are listening to the whispers of angels.”
- When your alarm goes off in the morning and you think to yourself, “do I really need an education?”
- “Many things — such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly — are done worst when we try hardest to do them.”
- “Sleep, baby, sleep. The father’s watching the sheep. Thy mother’s shaking the dreamland tree, and down drops a little dream for thee.”
- Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.
- “…my aunt (gave me the best advice): Put her to sleep yourself every night. Sing to her and cradle her in your arms and sit by her side — every night. Because one day you won’t be able to.”
- “I think sleeping was my problem in school. If school had started at four in the afternoon, I’d be a college graduate today.”
- “I think sleeping was my problem in school. If school had started at four in the afternoon, I’d be a college graduate today.”
Short Funny Sleep Quotes
Enjoy the following inspirational sleep quotes from the world’s greatest, from thought leaders like Mahatma Gandhi to legendary painters like Leonardo Da Vinci.
- “A well-spent day brings happy sleep.”
- “I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything till noon. That’s when it’s time for my nap.”
- “A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.”
- “Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.”
- “You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly.”
- “Goodnight — may you fall asleep in the arms of a dream, so beautiful, you’ll cry when you awake.”
- “When I’m at work I can fall asleep instantly, but when I’m in my bed I can hardly fall asleep.”
- “Don’t fight with the pillow, but lay down your head, and kick every worriment out of the bed.”
- “If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.”
- Those who snore always fall asleep first.
- Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
- You won’t feel sleepy at work, if you sleep at work.
- “When the going gets tough, the tough take a nap.”
- “Happiness is waking up, looking at the clock and finding that you still have two hours left to sleep.”
- “I’m going to bed” really means “I’m going to lie in my bed and go on my phone”.
- I’m trying to read a book on how to relax, but I keep falling asleep.
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.”
- The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more.
- “Don’t give up on your dreams so soon, sleep longer.”
- “Some people can’t sleep because they have insomnia. I can’t sleep because I have internet.”
- “There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.”
- “Even a soul submerged in sleep is hard at work and helps make something of the world.”
- “I already want to take a nap tomorrow.”
- “Me: We need to fall asleep. Brain: No, let’s stay awake and think about every decision we made today.”
- “Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and dead.”
- “Who said nights were for sleep?”
- My mother told me to follow my dreams, so I took a nap.
- “Happiness is a sleeping baby.”
Lack Of Sleep Quotes
Sleep is a lovely thing. It’s a time when our bodies unwind and our minds wander. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favourite sleep statements that genuinely capture the essence of sleep.
- People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.
- “Your eyes water when you yawn because you miss your bed and it makes you sad.”
- “Sleep is my lover now, my forgetting, my opiate, my oblivion.”
- “Man is a genius when he is dreaming.”
- “We are such stuff as dreams are made on.”
- “Mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and sweet sleep blesses the child who lies within.”
- “I love to sleep. Do you? Isn’t it great? It really is the best of both worlds. You get to be alive and unconscious.”
- “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?”
- “Happiness consists of getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.”
- “In dreams we enter a world that’s entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud.”
- “No civilized person goes to bed the same day he gets up.”
- “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.”
- “Sleep is the most innocent creature there is and a sleepless man the most guilty.”
- “I love you, in that place between coffee and sleep.”
- “It was that sort of sleep in which you wake every hour and think to yourself that you have not been sleeping at all; you can remember dreams that are like reflections, daytime thinking slightly warped.”
- “Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.”
- The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won’t get much sleep.
- “I don’t need a hairstylist, my pillow gives me a new hairstyle every morning.”
Cute Sleep Quotes
Enjoy these sleep quotes and reconnect with your romantic side, whether you’ve fallen deeply in love with your lover or your mattress.
- “There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled.”
- “I’ve dreamed a lot. I’m tired now from dreaming but not tired of dreaming. No one tires of dreaming, because to dream is to forget, and forgetting does not weigh on us, it is a dreamless sleep throughout which we remain awake. In dreams I have achieved everything.”
- “A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you’re fast asleep.”
- I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?
- “Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they are already asleep.”
- “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.”
- “My mother told me to follow my dreams, so I took a nap.”
- Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You’ll realize this as soon as they are born and they start using sleep deprivation to break you.
- Happiness is waking up, looking at the clock and finding that you still have two hours left to sleep.
- “Your future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep.”
- “Sleep is like a cat: It only comes to you if you ignore it.”
- “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I’m reborn.”
- “If a man had as many ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he’d make a fortune.”
- I have two moods: Sleep is for the weak. I need to sleep for a week.
- “You’re my favorite reason to lose sleep.”
- “True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.”
- Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
- “Hold her a little longer, rock her a little more, read her another story, you’ve only read her four. Let her sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in her happy smile, she is only a little girl, for such a little while.”
- “Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world.”
- They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.
- “I’m so good at sleeping that I can do it with my eyes closed.”
- We used to sleep five to a bed and three of them used to wet the bed. I learnt to swim before I could walk.
- “I always say ‘morning’ instead of ‘good morning,’ because if it was a good morning, I’d still be asleep.”
Best Sleep Quotes
Nothing beats the serenity of a sleeping newborn. Enjoy these baby sleep quotes that encapsulate the love, joy, and hardship of motherhood, whether you’ve just taken your little one home for the first time or have three kids under your belt.
- “Why can I never go back to bed? Whose is the voice ringing in my head? Where is the sense in these desperate dreams? Why should I wake when I’m half past dead?”
- “Anything seems possible at night when the rest of the world has gone to sleep.”
- No civilized person goes to bed the same day he gets up.
- “There are hard days in motherhood, but looking at your baby sleeping reminds you why it’s all worth it.”
- “Little boys should never be put to sleep. They always wake up a day older.”
- “Also, I could finally sleep. And this was the real gift, because when you cannot sleep, you cannot get yourself out of the ditch—there’s not a chance.”
- I don’t want to sleep like a baby. I want to sleep like my husband.
- “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.”
- “Three meals plus bedtime make four sure blessings each day.”
- I feel like I’m already tired tomorrow.
- The most dangerous game to play: “Resting your eyes in the morning after shutting off your alarm.”
- “Good night, sleep tight. Now the sun turns out his light. Good night, sleep tight, dream sweet dreams for me, dream sweet dreams for you.”
- “There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.”
- “A day without a nap is like a cupcake without frosting.”
- I think sleeping was my problem in school. If school had started at four in the afternoon, I’d be a college graduate today.
- “Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me.”
- “Not being able to sleep is terrible. You have the misery of having partied all night… without the satisfaction.”
- “Dear sleep, I’m sorry we broke up this morning. I want you back!”
- I love sleep because it’s like a time machine to breakfast.
- “Watching a baby sleeping is perhaps the only thing more comfortable than sleep itself.”
- “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.”
- Early to bed and early to rise probably indicates unskilled labor.
- “Insomnia is a glamorous term for thoughts you forgot to have in the day.”
Can’t Sleep Quotes
Nothing beats a restful night’s sleep. These adorable quotations and sayings from your favourite authors, celebrities, and philosophers are perfect for when you need an excuse to lie down and put your feet up, whether it’s before night or for a little afternoon nap.
- “I tried counting sheep so I can fall asleep but that got boring, so I started talking to the shepherd instead.”
- “I think it is good that books still exist, but they do make me sleepy.”
- “The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
- “When my baby is sleeping that’s when I think, ‘Wow. I made that.’”
- Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you still have time to sleep.
- “Before you sleep, read something that is exquisite, and worth remembering.”
- “I walked with you, once upon a dream.”
- I’m so good at sleeping. I can do it with eyes closed.
- “If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep.”
- “Sleep is not on good terms with broken hearts. It will have nothing to do with them.”
- “Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.”
- “The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to.”
- “Sleep is the best meditation.”
- “Legend says that when you can’t sleep, it’s because you’re awake in someone’s dream. So if everyone could stop dreaming about me, that would be great.”
- “The nicest thing for me is sleep. Then at least I can dream.”
- Some people talk in their sleep. Lecturers talk while other people sleep.
- “No wonder Sleeping Beauty looked so good…she took long naps, never got old, and didn’t have to do anything but snore to get her Prince Charming.”
- “Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds.”
- “I want to sleep but my brain won’t stop talking to itself.”