During the holiday season, there is usually a lot going on, and Thanksgiving meal is one of them. Although Thanksgiving is a holiday built on thankfulness, the sentiment is frequently lost in translation when juggling the never-ending responsibilities of preparing a Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving may be a frantic time when it comes to cooking a holiday feast, between prepping for guests and rushing about the kitchen making sure nothing gets burnt. In addition, you must consider how to engage the guests while they wait for supper, particularly the children. You may keep them occupied with holiday activities and games, or you can watch a Thanksgiving movie to keep them entertained.
Sink your teeth into the following collection of traditional, creative, and occasionally amusing Thanksgiving expressions to get a taste of everything the holiday has to offer. This list will leave you feeling fulfilled, whether you’re searching for a clever tagline for a project you’re working on or simply some Thanksgiving Day inspiration (and possibly ready for a nap).
Types of Quotes
Thanksgiving Day Quotes
These Thanksgiving quotes emphasize the role gratitude can play in your life — and not just one day a year. Even in the darkest of times, there is so much to be thankful for and Thanksgiving Day is a great reminder of just that. Consider writing one of these quotes in a Thanksgiving card or incorporating them into your Thanksgiving centerpieces to bring a little extra gratitude to your meal.
- Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.
- “Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.”
- Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.
- Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.
- Thanksgiving just gets me all warm and tingly and all kinds of wonderful inside.
- Although Thanksgiving comes but once a year, every day should be a day of Thanks.
- “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.”
- A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.
- And though I ebb in worth, I’ll flow in thanks.
- Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.
- I love Thanksgiving because it is a holiday centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me.
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
- The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.
- We can always find something to be thankful for, no matter what may be the burden of our wants, or the special subject of our petitions.
- “On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence.”
- Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.
Thanksgiving Day Quotes To God
This year, there is so much to be grateful for. These Thanksgiving Bible verses can help you focus on the actual meaning of giving thanks and the benefits that come from having a grateful heart.
- Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.
- If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
- We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.
- Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude!
- Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.
- William Blake thanksgiving quote “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest”
- “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.”
- Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life… a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year — and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God.
- The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.
- Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.
- If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.
- Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart will find the pathway home.
- Give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
- Stand up, on this Thanksgiving Day, stand upon your feet. Believe in man. Soberly and with clear eyes, believe in your own time and place. There is not, and there never has been a better time, or a better place to live in.
- “The most thankful person is the most fully human”
- Our rural ancestors, with little blest, Patient of labour when the end was rest, Indulged the day that housed their annual grain, With feasts, and off’rings, and a thankful strain.
- Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.
- On Thanksgiving I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been.
Thanksgiving Quotes Inspirational
Every time we wake up in the morning or retire at night, whether we’re up at midnight, every time we eat, every time we pray, and in all our words and deeds—everything should be tinted with thankfulness, like the crimson sky in the morning.
- My Thanksgiving is perpetual. It is surprising how contented one can be with nothing definite — only a sense of existence.
- If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.
- He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving Comes from the heart.
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
- The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.
- “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy
- My fondest memories are generally the day after Thanksgiving. I get the total decorating Christmas itch.
- Thanksgiving reminds us that no matter what befalls us in life, we can take the charred remnants and we can reconstruct a life unimaginably richer than that from which the shards and pieces fell.
- Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.
- Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.
- When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
- You shouldn’t just give during Christmas and Thanksgiving you should be giving all the time.
- There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.
- All across America, we gather this week with the people we love to give thanks to God for the blessings in our lives.
- “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”
- Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will.
- Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
Funny Thanksgiving Quotes
Thanksgiving is a time for giving gifts to those you care about. The day is an occasion to express your gratitude and esteem for your seniors, companions, family, and acquaintances. Thanksgiving blooms, diamonds, prepared treat packages, chocolate blessing bins, confections, and wine are all popular blessings.
- Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.
- Thanksgiving is the meal we aspire for other meals to resemble.
- If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s really like making a large chicken.
- But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices, and give us the pumpkin-pie!
- Drink and be thankful to the host! What seems insignificant when you have it, is important when you need it.
- “Pie makes everybody happy.”
- A lot of Thanksgiving days have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen.
- In November, people are good to each other. They carry pies to each other’s homes and talk by crackling woodstoves, sipping mellow cider. They travel very far on a special November day just to share a meal with one another and to give thanks for their many blessings.
- It has been an unchallengeable American doctrine that cranberry sauce, a pink goo with overtones of sugared tomatoes, is a delectable necessity of the Thanksgiving board and that turkey is uneatable without it.
- What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from.
- My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother’s Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife’s Midwestern roots; the Campbell’s green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie.
- The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The stuffing. The pumpkin pie. Is there anything else we all can agree so vehemently about?
- Thanksgiving, our eminent moral holiday, doesn’t have much for children. At its heart are conversation, food, drink, and fellowship – all perks of adulthood.
Thanksgiving Bible Quotes
Thanksgiving is a day when we show our thankfulness and appreciation for everything that we have been given throughout the year. It’s also a time for us to spend quality time with our families and friends over delicious meals.
- “Good mashed potato is one of the great luxuries in life”
- Thanksgiving is America’s national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty.
- Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
- Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.
- Thanksgiving is so called because we are all so thankful that it only comes once a year.
- You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out.
- Coexistence: what the farmer does with the turkey — until Thanksgiving.
- For those of you who cannot be with family this Thanksgiving, please resist the urge to brag.
- What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?
- “I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.”
- When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.
- Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.
- Thanksgiving is a magical time of year when families across the country join together to raise America’s obesity statistics.
- I’m from Canada, so Thanksgiving to me is just Thursday with more food. And I’m thankful for that.
- If you wish to make an apple pie truly from scratch you must first invent the universe.
- Most turkeys taste better the day after; my mother’s tasted better the day before.
- Thanksgiving is America’s favorite holiday because it’s a time when we put aside our cares, much as the struggling Pilgrims did nearly four centuries ago, and eat a gut-busting meal without worrying about the ‘out years.’
Quotes On Thanksgiving And Gratitude
Thanksgiving is founded on the simple but significant principle that we should count our blessings at least once a year. Family and friends are usually at the top of the list for most individuals. Even if you can’t buy the largest Butterball in the freezer aisle, having folks who care about you is something to be grateful for.
- Cooking Tip: Wrap turkey leftovers in aluminum foil and throw them out.
- “Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.”
- Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, one by one, as each relative goes home.
- It took me three weeks to stuff the turkey. I stuffed it through the beak.
- I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.
- I like football. I find its an exciting strategic game. It’s a great way to avoid conversation with your family at Thanksgiving.
- Real ballplayers pass the stuffing by rolling it up in a ball and batting it across the table with a turkey leg.
- A thought about Thanksgiving Day: Once, there was this day… this one day when… everyone realized they needed each other.
- Family gathers to share good noise and good food. Gratitude abounds.
- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
- “Thanksgiving creates abundance.”
- Here I am, 5 o’clock in the morning, stuffing bread crumbs up a dead bird’s butt.
- The funny thing about Thanksgiving ,or any big meal, is that you spend 12 hours shopping for it then go home and cook, chop, braise and blanch. Then it’s gone in 20 minutes and everybody lies around sort of in a sugar coma and then it takes 4 hours to clean it up.
- After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- Thanksgiving was nothing more than a pilgrim-created obstacle in the way of Christmas; a dead bird in the street that forced a brief detour.
- America has developed a pie tradition unequivocally and unapologetically at the sweet end of the scale, and at no time is this better demonstrated than at Thanksgiving.
- Preparing and serving food had always been a joy, for it made her appreciate the abundance of the world.
Thanksgiving Quotes For Colleagues
Let these Thanksgiving quotes remind you to count your many blessings all year long, each and every day. Being surround by family and friends, enjoying a thanksgiving dinner of turkey and your favorite foods, let the quotes remind you that you have much to be grateful for.
- About 94 percent of Americans prepare and serve turkey at home and most people stick to a traditional menu for the main meal: turkey with cranberry sauce, mashed white potatoes with giblet gravy, candied sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows, a cooked green vegetable dish, relishes, and a pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.
- I can’t cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast.
- “It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a little emotional scarring”
- So what do we do? We do what all families do. Grin, bear it, and pass the mashed potatoes.
- In November, people are good to each other. They carry pies to each other’s homes and talk by crackling woodstoves, sipping mellow cider. They travel very far on a special November day just to share a meal with one another and to give thanks for their many blessings – for the food on their tables and the babies in their arms.
- Thanksgiving – fall’s finale. Best damn holiday of the year in my worldly estimation.
- Turkey for the girls and Turkey for the boys. My favorite kind of pants are corduroys. Gobble gobble goo and Gobble gobble gickel. I wish turkey only cost a nickel. Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
- Overeating at Thanksgiving is a case in point. It’s a national tradition.
- Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go baste the turkey and hide the kitchen knives.
- It’s not too much food. This is what we’ve been training for our whole lives. This is our destiny, this is our finest hour.
- A large bird whose flesh, when eaten on certain religious anniversaries has the peculiar property of attesting piety and gratitude.
- “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.”
- Once you start practicing being grateful and thankful for things, people, and events, you may notice that you start to attract more positive things, people, and events in your life.
- We all can ‘act’ a certain way for a brief period of time, for instance, on Thanksgiving, who of us hasn’t had to ‘act’ like we just loved everyone at the table? This brief show of good behavior is not true character. Our character is who we are when no one is looking.