Vivekananda, original name Narendranath Datta, Datta also spelled Dutt, Hindu spiritual leader and reformer in India (born January 12, 1863, Calcutta [now Kolkata]—died July 4, 1902, near Calcutta), attempted to combine Indian spirituality with Western material progress, maintaining that the two supplemented and complemented one another. His Absolute was a person’s own higher self, and working for the betterment of humanity was the highest goal. Swami Vivekananda, one of India’s greatest spiritual gurus, is recognized for bringing the glory of Hindu philosophy to the world stage.
He awoke early on July 4th, 1902, went to the chapel, taught the students, and then came home to contemplate, asking not to be disturbed. Later, he was discovered dead, with his pupils claiming that he had attained Mahasamadhi. Later, it was speculated that a rupture of brain vessels may have caused his death. Swami Vivekananda Quotes On Success And Spirituality are collected here. The following are some of Swami Vivekananda’s most famous quotes.
Inspirational Quotes On Life And Success By Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda, the founder of the Ramakrishna Math and the Ramakrishna Mission, not only resurrected our historical legacy but also educated and awoke people’s religious consciousness and worked for the upliftment of the poor. In the 19th century, he is also credited with increasing interfaith consciousness, rejuvenating Hinduism, and contributing to the idea of nationalism in India.
- When I asked God for strength, he gave me difficult situations to face.
- Do not wait for anybody or anything. Do whatever you can, build your hope on none.
- The reason for every misunderstanding is that we see the people as we are but not as they are.
- Every act of love brings happiness; there is no act of love which does not bring peace and blessedness as its reaction.
- Golden rules: Who is helping you, don’t forget them. Who is loving you, don’t hate them. Who is trusting you, don’t cheat them.
- All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
- Experience is the only teacher we have. We may talk and reason all our lives, but we shall not understand a word of truth.
- See for the highest, aim at the highest, and you shall reach the highest.
- Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead, if you lose, you can guide.
- The best thermometer to the progress of a nation is its treatment of its women.
Beautiful Quotes By Swami Vivekananda
Following the death of his Guru, he journeyed across the Indian subcontinent to research the conditions in British India. Later, in 1893, he flew to the United States to represent India at the Parliament of World Religions, where he gave a speech exposing Hinduism to the western world.
- When a man is under the control of senses. He is of the world. When he has controlled the senses the world is of him.
- Death is but a change.
- When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.
- The greatest religion is to be true to your nature. Have faith in yourselves.
- A man is not poor without a rupee but a man is really poor without a dream and ambition.
- He who struggles is better than he who never attempts.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- Let men have light, let them be pure and spiritually strong and educated, then alone will misery cease in the world, not before.
- The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
- External nature is only internal nature writ large.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes About Knowledge
His most famous address, “Sisters and Brothers of America,” was delivered before the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago in 1893. He spoke about Hinduism in this lecture. He has always been drawn to spirituality since he was a child. His guru, Ramakrishna Deva, had a huge influence on him since he taught him that all living beings are manifestations of the holy soul.
- Anything that makes weak – physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.
- Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all, love.
- Take up one idea, make that one idea your life, think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
- That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.
- In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
- The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
- Do one thing at a time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
- Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes That Will Make Your Day
He was the principal follower of Indian mystic Ramakrishna in the nineteenth century. He was an important figure in the introduction of Indian concepts such as Vedanta and yoga to the Western world. He is also widely acknowledged for elevating Hinduism’s standing as a significant world religion during the nineteenth century.
- Strength is life; weakness is death.
- Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you loose, you can guide!
- If you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.
- Stand up, be bold, and take the blame on your own shoulders. Do not go about throwing mud at other; for all the faults you suffer from, you are the sole and only cause.
- Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.
- Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.
- Meditation can turn fools in to sages but unfortunately fools never meditate.
- Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.”
- You should work like a master and not as a slave; work incessantly, but do not do a slave’s work.
- God is here in all these human souls.
Swami Vivekananda Spiritual Quotes
Swami Vivekananda quotes have the wonderful ability to transform you into a spiritual being. His inspiring statements give us life lessons while guiding us through this lovely world. Swami Vivekananda quotes provide people strength and help them link their hearts and minds to their spiritual essence.
- The brain and muscles must develop simultaneously. Iron nerves with an intelligent brain — and the whole world is at your feet.
- Father is the existence out of which everything comes; Son is that knowledge. It is in Christ that God will be manifest. God was everywhere, in all beings, before Christ; but in Christ we became conscious of Him.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- True progress is slow but sure.
- Had I lived in Palestine, in the days of Jesus of Nazareth, I would have washed his feet, not with my tears, but with my heart’s blood!
- The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them
- I pity the Hindu who does not see the beauty in Jesus Christ’s character. I pity the Christian who does not reverence the Hindu Christ.
- The gift of knowledge is the highest gift in the world.
- God is to be worshiped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.
- Christ, being man, had to see impurity and denounced it; but God, infinitely higher, does not see iniquity and cannot be angry.
Quotes For Strength And Faith By Swami Vivekanada
Swami Vivekananda’s quotes are a source of inspiration and power for many of us. His life and teachings have inspired a great deal of courage and motivation among today’s kids. When you’re in need of some additional motivation, turn to these Swami Vivekananda quotes.
- The powers of the mind are like the rays of the sun dissipated. When they are concentrated, they illumine.
- If I love myself despite my infinite faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults.
- All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
- Do not lower your goals to the level of your abilities. Instead, raise your abilities to the height of your goals.
- Books are infinite in number and time is short. The secret of knowledge is to take what is essential. Take that and try to live up to it.
- Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise you may miss meeting an intelligent person in this world.
- The mind is but the subtle part of the body. You must retain great strength in your mind and words.
- So long as there is desire or want, it is a sure sign that there is imperfection. A perfect, free being cannot have any desire.
- Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.
- Be true into death.
Motivational Quotes By Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda’s inspiring talks are well-known throughout the world. His talks can move both the body and the soul. You can get motivation from these Swami Vivekananda Quotes in English whenever you need it.
- Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.
- You are the creator of your own destiny.
- Have faith in yourselves, great convictions are the mothers of great deeds.
- When you are doing any work.. do it as worship, as he highest worship, and devote your whole life to it for the time being.
- That which is selfish is immoral, and that which is unselfish is moral.
- All power is within you. You can do anything and everything. Believe in that. Do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays.
- All power is within you; you can do anything and everything.
- Whatever you believe, that you will be, If you believe yourselves to be ages, ages you will be tomorrow. There is nothing to obstruct you.
- If superstitions enters, the brain is gone
- Stand up and express the divinity within you.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes To Make You Inspire
Swami Vivekananda’s inspirational words will help you live a great life. They can help a person attain his or her life goals if they are followed. Pick one of the following quotes here you can use to motivate yourself.
- The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.
- I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world tolerance & universal acceptance. we believe not only in universal toleration but we accept all religion as true.
- This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive.
- Each work has to pass through these stages – ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
- Both attachment and detachment perfectly developed make a man great and happy.
- The calmer we are and the less disturbed our nerves, the more shall we love ad the better will our work.
- Arise awake – All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
- Neither money pays, not name, nor fame, nor learning; it is CHARACTER that an cleave through adamantine walls of difficulties.
- The earth is enjoyed by heroes – this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, I have no fear.
- Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you, if you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.
Also, Checkout –
- [New Messages] Ramzan/Ramdan Mubarak Quotes Wishes Messages 2023
- [New Wishes] Happy Hug Day Quotes for Best Friends, Love, Husband, Mom in 2023
- [New Messages] 135 Grandfather Quotes from Grandchildren in 2023
- [New] 96 Scorpio Quotes Sayings for Female/Man in 2023
- [New] Maya Angelou Quotes on Love and Life in 2023