The word “society” comes from the Latin word “Socius,” which means “companion,” “company,” or “fellowship.” It’s because man is always in the company of other people. As a result, George Simmel concluded that sociability is the essence of society. The term “society” is used in a variety of ways. The term “discussion society” is now commonly used to refer to members of a specific social group. Occasionally, the term “society” refers to a group such as a consumer society, a cooperative society, or a cultural society. The term “society” can also refer to a group, such as a rural or urban society.
Overall, the classification of societies is based on their level of development and technical innovation. As a result of the comprehensive study of society, there are several inspirational and famous society quotes and sayings available, all of which reveal a great lot about the community we live in.
Types of Quotes
Unique Quotes On Society
A society is made up of a collection of individuals who are functionally interdependent on one another and are brought together by a unanimous agreement. Society’s essential principles bind people together and impact their behavior. Read the following renowned society quotes and sayings to learn what famous people had to say about society.
- Man was formed for society and is neither capable of living alone, nor has the courage to do it.
- Music moves society more than most people realize. In my opinion, it’s a soft manipulator of influence and change.
- We must reform society before we can reform ourselves.
- The key to organizing an alternative society is to organize people around what they can do, and more importantly, what they want to do.
- Some people strengthen the society just by being the kind of people they are.
- Society is our extended mind and body.
- No society that feeds its children on tales of successful violence can expect them not to believe that violence in the end is rewarded.
- Society is like a large piece of frozen water, and skating well is the great art of social life.
- The new society cannot be created by reproducing the repugnant past, however, refined or enticingly repackaged.
- The society must be better than the individual.
Society Or Community Motivational Quotes
To remind your team and community or society of supporters why you do what you do, we scoured the internet for top giving quotes that are sure to resonate. There is an unending amount of motivating quotes that delve into the impulses that drive people to commit their lives to help others, from Aesop to Mohammad Ali to Anne Frank.
- In an industrial society which confuses work and productivity, the necessity of producing has always been an enemy of the desire to create.
- Neither the life of an individual nor the history of a society can be understood without understanding both.
- Society has to change, but the political powers we have at the moment are not enough to effect this change.
- If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you’re always going to be disappointed.
- We owe our children – the most vulnerable citizens in any society – a life free from violence and fear.
- There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.
- No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable.
- Progressive societies outgrow institutions as children outgrow clothes.
- The nature of a society is largely determined by the direction in which talent and ambition flow by the tilt of the social landscape.
- A society regulated by a public sense of justice is inherently stable.
Society Quotes About Diversity
The discussion over diversity in society is continuing to expand, and these cultural quotes demonstrate why it is so valuable to the world. While cultural variety has created some uncomfortable and challenging situations in the past, it is also one of the things that can help us grow as a country.
- It is better, as far as getting the vote is concerned, I believe, to have a small, united group than an immense debating society.
- All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.
- We must work together to ensure the equitable distribution of wealth, opportunity, and power in our society.
- Under any system of society… the family holds the future in its bosom.
- A good person can make another person good; it means that goodness will elicit goodness in the society; other persons will also be good.
- The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.
- Society does not consist of individuals but expresses the sum of interrelations, the relations within which these individuals stand.
- A great step forward was made the day men understood that in order to torment one another more efficiently they would have to gather together, to organize themselves into a society.
- If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
- No one would talk much in society if they knew how often they misunderstood others.
Negative Society Quotes
Being optimistic can be challenging at times, because you may be allowing too much negativity into your life. Negative people, behaviors, or attitudes can all contribute to negativity. The majority of the time, it is through the people or the toxic society that surrounds us. We’ve compiled a compilation of Negative Society Quotes to help you understand how bad or excellent a society can be, and how it may affect you.
- Society is composed of two great classes – those who have more dinners than appetite, and those who have more appetite than dinners.
- Cinema will always have an important role to play in society.
- Society knows perfectly well how to kill a man and has methods more subtle than death.
- I think this society suffers so much from too much freedom, too many rights that allow people to be irresponsible.
- All societies end up wearing masks.
- What passed for society was a loud, giddy whirl of thieves and pretentious hustlers, a dull sideshow full of quacks.
- Man seeketh in society comfort, use, and protection.
- The sanity of society is a balance of a thousand insanities.
- That is the one unforgivable sin in any society. Be different and be damned!
- There is little chance for a person to exercise the imagination today in this complex, programmed society we have.
Society And Culture Quotes
Culture and its impact on the communities or society from which it arose is a beautiful, diverse entity that gives individuals strength, identity, and purpose, and these culture quotes illustrate why we value gaining a deep understanding of the cultures we help brands communicate with.
- Never judge someone by the way he looks or a book, by the way, it’s covered.
- Culture is the arts elevated to a set of beliefs.
- For inside those tattered pages, there’s a lot to be discovered
- You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.
- Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.
- Culture is a way of coping with the world by defining it in detail.
- The crucial differences which distinguish human societies and human beings are not biological. They are cultural.
- A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
- Cultural differences should not separate us from each other, but rather cultural diversity brings a collective strength that can benefit all of humanity.
- Culture is the name for what people are interested in, their thoughts, their models, the books they read, and the speeches they hear.
Society Quotes By World’s Famous Personalities
Society is essentially the environment in which we live, where we see people around us; they are all a part of the society, including all of your family members, neighbors, friends, and others; collectively, they form the society. Every time, everyone’s relationship with society is different. Below are some society quotes from some famous persons from throughout the world who have spoken things about society.
- The enemy of society is middle class and the enemy of life is middle age.
- An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics.
- Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.
- In a decaying society, art, if it is truthful, must also reflect decay.
- We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.
- A glimpse into the world proves that horror is nothing other than reality.
- It is so easy for society to shock the people who are not in it.
- An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
- I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves.
- In every society, some men are born to rule, and some to advise.
Society Quotes About Improvement
There is much to be grateful for in the world, and human civilization has come a long way, but there is still a long way to go because our way of life is not without flaws, and there is much opportunity for development. These quotations are merely an attempt to promote societal progress.
- The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.
- Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
- Our individual lives cannot, generally, be works of art unless the social order is also.
- We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
- Society attacks early when the individual is helpless. It enslaves him almost before he has tasted freedom.
- The societies to which I have been exposed seemed to me largely machines for the suppression of women.
- The sign of a good society is where talent is respected.
- Because power corrupts, society’s demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.
- The majority is never right. Never, I tell you! That’s one of these lies in society that no free and intelligent man can help rebelling against.
- For the principal aim of the society is to protect individuals in the enjoyment of those absolute rights, which were vested in them by the immutable laws of nature.
Society Quotes From The Silver Screen And Television
If you’re looking for a pick-me-up quote when life gets tough, here are some of our favorite society quotations from some of the most popular films to motivate and inspire you to keep going. Even when it all seems futile, sometimes all you need is a little encouragement to make your day better.
- We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be given the rights of a human being, to be respected as a human being in this society, on this earth, on this day, which we intend to bring into existence. – Malcolm X, ‘Malcolm X’, 1992.
- I service society by rocking, ok? I’m out there on the front lines liberating people with my music! – Dewey Finn, ‘School Of Rock’, 2003.
- To succeed in polite society, a young woman must be many things. Kind… well-read… and accomplished. But to survive in the world as we know it, you’ll need… other qualities. – Elizabeth Bennet, ‘Pride And Prejudice And Zombies’, 2016.
- I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am. – Duke, ‘Repo Man’, 1984.
- The organizing principle of any society, Mr. Garrison, is for war. The authority of the state over its people resides in its war powers. – X, ‘JFK,’ 1991.
- Marriage is an institution. It’s the bedrock of society. – Carmine Sabatini, ‘The Freshman’, 1990.
- Katherine Valentine: How can a society so advanced, so scientific, be so stupid? Tom Natsworthy: Well, no more stupid than people today. – ‘Mortal Engines’, 2018.
- The only limits on scientific progress are those imposed by society. – Nikola Tesla, ‘The Prestige’, 2006.
- The first time I changed the world, I was hailed as a visionary. The second time I was asked politely to retire. Society tolerates only one change at a time. – Nikola Tesla, ‘The Prestige’, 2006.
- What we need to do is to put an end to all this barbarity. Put an end to all this violence – find a solution for it. By inventing a new society. – Hermann Kermit Warm, ‘The Sisters Brothers’, 2018.