Rich dad explained this point of view over and over, which I call lesson number one: The poor and the middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them.
Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad – the international runaway bestseller that has held a top spot on the New York Times bestsellers list for over six years – is an investor, entrepreneur and educator whose perspectives on money and investing fly in the face of conventional wisdom.
Types of Quotes
Best Rich Dad Poor Dad Quotes
Rich Dad Poor Dad is a 1997 book written by Robert T. Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter. It advocates the importance of financial literacy (financial education), financial independence and building wealth through investing in assets, real estate investing, starting and owning businesses, as well as increasing one’s financial intelligence (financial IQ).
- The primary difference between rich people and poor people is how they handle fear.
- Workers work hard enough to not be fired, and owners pay just enough so that workers won’t quit.
- Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.
- You will make some mistakes but, if you learn from those mistakes, those mistakes will become wisdom and wisdom is essential to becoming wealthy.
- It is not much different from a person who goes to the gym to exercise on a regular basis versus someone who sits on the couch watching television. Proper physical exercise increases your chances of health, and proper mental exercise increases your chances for wealth. Laziness decreases both health and wealth.”
- Too many people are too lazy to think. Instead of learning something new, they think the same thought day in day out.
- The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.
- A plan is a bridge to your dreams. Your job is to make the plan or bridge real, so that your dreams will become real. If all you do is stand on the side of the bank and dream of the other side, your dreams will forever be just dreams.”
- You get one life. Live it in a way that it inspires someone.
- People who dream small dreams continue to live as small people.
- Success is a poor teacher. We learn the most about ourselves when we fail, so don’t be afraid of failing. Failing is part of the process of success. You cannot have success without failure.
- Your choices decide your fate. Take the time to make the right ones. If you make a mistake, that’s fine; learn from it & don’t make it again.
- Nice guys do not finish last. Last place is for cowards and those too full of fear to take action.
- Often, the more money you make the more money you spend; that’s why more money doesn’t make you rich – assets make you rich.
- You will never know true freedom until you achieve financial freedom.
Rich Dad Poor Dad Best Lessons
In April 2017 a 20th Anniversary edition was published and in a preface to this 20th Anniversary edition Kiyosaki asserts that an estimated 40 million copies of the book had been sold globally.
- If you want to be rich, you need to develop your vision. You must be standing on the edge of time gazing into the future.
- The moment you make passive income and portfolio income a part of your life, your life will change. Those words will become flesh.
- The only difference between a rich person and poor person is how they use their time.
- If you realize that you’re the problem, then you can change yourself, learn something and grow wiser. Don’t blame other people for your problems.
- Being an entrepreneur is simply going from one mistake to the next. You must have the fortitude to continue on.
- If you’re the kind of person who has no guts, you just give up every time life pushes you. If you’re that kind of person, you’ll live all your life playing it safe, doing the right things, saving yourself for something that never happens. Then, you die a boring old person.”
- It’s easier to stand on the sidelines, criticize, and say why you shouldn’t do something. The sidelines are crowded. Get in the game.
- Most people fail to realize that in life, it’s not how much money you make, it’s how much money you keep.
- When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge.
- Most people want everyone else in the world to change themselves. Let me tell you, it’s easier to change yourself than everyone else.
- We all have tremendous potential, and we all are blessed with gifts. Yet, the one thing that holds all of us back is some degree of self-doubt. It is not so much the lack of technical information that holds us back, but more the lack of self-confidence.”
- Money only magnifies who you really are.
- People need to wake up and realize that life doesn’t wait for you. If you want something, get up and go after it.
- In today’s rapidly changing world, the people who are not taking risk are the risk takers.
- The richest people in the world build networks. Everyone else is trained to look for work.
Rich Dad Poor Dad Quotes On Investment
The book explodes the myth that you need to earn a high income to be rich and explains the difference between working for money and having your money work for you.
- Don’t let the fear of losing, be greater than the excitement of winning.
- Emotions are what make us human. Make us real. The word ’emotion’ stands for energy in motion. Be truthful about your emotions, and use your mind and emotions in your favor, not against yourself.”
- Today, wealth is in information. And the person who has the most timely information owns the wealth.
- Talk is cheap. Learn to listen with your eyes. Actions do speak louder than words. Watch what a person does more than what he says.
- When people are lame, they love to blame.
- Never say you cannot afford something. That is a poor man’s attitude. Ask HOW to afford it.
- Hoping drains your energy. Action creates energy.
- Starting a business is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. In mid air, the entrepreneur begins building a parachute and hopes it opens before hitting the ground.
- Sight is what you see with your eyes, vision is what you see with your mind.
- An asset is something that puts money in my pocket. A liability is something that takes money out of my pocket.
- Stop blaming me, thinking I’m the problem. If you think I’m the problem, then you have to change me. If you realize that you’re the problem, then you can change yourself, learn something and grow wiser. Most people want everyone else in the world to change themselves. Let me tell you, it’s easier to change yourself than everyone else.”
- Business is like a wheel barrow. Nothing happens until you start pushing.
- One of the great things about being willing to try new things and make mistakes is that making mistakes keeps you humble. People who are humble learn more than people who are arrogant.”
- Don’t waste a good mistake, learn from it.
- The most successful people in life are the ones who ask questions. They’re always learning. They’re always growing. They’re always pushing.
- The problem with this world is not enough problem solvers. So, if you become a problem solver, you become rich.
Robert Kiyosaki Rich Dad Poor Dad Quotes
In this book, Kiyosaki explained the best ways of personal finance through his two dads—his real father (poor dad) and his best friend’s father (rich dad). Robert Kiyosaki told about the ways in which both men shaped his thoughts about money and investing.
- The thing I always say to people is this: If you avoid failure, you also avoid success.
- It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!
- The single most powerful asset we all have is our mind. If it is trained well, it can create enormous wealth in what seems to be an instant.
- The trouble with school is they give you the answer, then they give you the exam. That’s not life.
- Don’t be addicted to money. Work to learn. don’t work for money. Work for knowledge.
- If you’re still doing what mommy and daddy said for you to do (go to school, get a job, and save money), you’re losing.
- Money will never make you happy if you are an unhappy person.
- In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.
- Complaining about your current position in life is worthless. Have a spine and do something about it instead.
- Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.
- Going into our fear and confronting our greed, our weaknesses, our neediness is the way out. And the way out is through the mind, by choosing our thoughts.
- We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money work hard for them.
- Every successful person in life began by pursuing a passion, usually against all odds.
- Remember, your mind is your greatest asset, so be careful what you put into it.
- If you want to be rich, be friends with people who have the same mindset as you, or who at least won’t try to change your mindset to be more like theirs. Life is too short to spend time with people who don’t help you move forward.”
Lessons Of Rich Dad Poor Dad
Rich Dad Poor Dad is about Robert Kiyosaki and his two dads—his real father (poor dad) and the father of his best friend (rich dad)—and the ways in which both men shaped his thoughts about money and investing. You don’t need to earn a high income to be rich. Rich people make money work for them.
- The philosophy of the rich and the poor is this – the rich invest their money and spend what is left. The poor spend their money and invest what is left.
- As I said, I wish I could say it was easy. It wasn’t, but it wasn’t hard either. But without a strong reason or purpose, anything in life is hard.
- Broke is temporary, poor is eternal.
- Watch what the idiots are doing, and do the opposite.
- Intelligence solves problems and produces money. Money without financial intelligence is money soon gone.
- When I started my last business, I didn’t receive a paycheck for 13 months. The average person can’t handle that pressure.
- If you’re going to be a winner in life, you have to constantly go beyond your best.
- In school we learn that mistakes are bad, and we are punished for making them. Yet, if you look at the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. We learn to walk by falling down. If we never fell down, we would never walk.”
- I keep hearing ‘I’d rather be happy than be rich.’ Why not be both?
- Your mentors in life are important, so choose them wisely.
- There is a difference between being poor and being broke. Broke is temporary. Poor is eternal.
- The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.
- Rich people buy luxuries last, while the poor and middle class tend to buy luxuries first.
- Excuses cost a dime and that’s why the poor could afford a lot of it.
- If you want to be financially free, you need to become a different person than you are today and let go of whatever has held you back in the past.
- There are those who make things happen, there are those who watch things happen and there are those who say ‘what happened?’
- If you’ve failed, that means you’re doing something. If you’re doing something, you have a chance.
Rich Dad Poor Dad Tax Quotes
Financial aptitude is what you do with money once you make it, how you keep people from taking it from you, how to keep it longer, and how you make money work hard for you.
- Change your focus from making money, to serving more people. Serving more people makes the money come in.
- Most people never get wealthy simply because they are not trained to recognize opportunities right in front of them.
- You’ll often find that it’s not mom or dad, husband or wife, or the kids that’s stopping you. It’s you. Get out of your own way.
- It is easy to stay the same but it is not easy to change. Most people choose to stay the same all their lives.
- A mistake is a signal that it is time to learn something new, something you didn’t know before.
- The poor, the unsuccessful, the unhappy, the unhealthy are the ones who use the word tomorrow the most.
- If you want to be rich, think big, think differently.
- Find out where you are at, where you are going and build a plan to get there.
- The more a person seeks security, the more that person gives up control over his life.
- Everyone can tell you the risk. An entrepreneur can see the reward.
- Find the game where you can win, and then commit your life to playing it; and play to win.
- Money is not the goal. Money has no value. The value comes from the dreams money helps achieve.
- The most life destroying word of all is the word tomorrow.
- Every time you think you can’t do something, someone else thinks they can.
- The most successful people are mavericks who aren’t afraid to ask why, especially when everyone thinks it’s obvious.
- What do you think about me is not my business the important thing is what I think about myself.
- Successful people take big risks knowing that they might fall hard, but they might succeed more than they ever dreamed too.
Best Investment Quotes On Rich Dad Poor Dad
PBS Public Television station KOCE, aired a 55-minute presentation of Kiyosaki titled “A Guide to Wealth” in 2006 which essentially summarises his Rich Dad Poor Dad book.PBS also honoured him with an excellence in education award in 2005. Donald Trump did a literary collaboration with Kiyosaki in 2006 called Why We Want You To Be Rich, Two Men One Message and a second book called Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich — And Why Most Don’t in 2011.
- FOCUS – Follow One Course Until Successful.
- It’s more important to grow your income than cut your expenses. It’s more important to grow your spirit that cut your dreams.
- Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.
- Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education. They’re both important and schools are forgetting one of them.
- Most people become a slave to money… and then get angry at their boss.
- An intelligent person hires people who are more intelligent than he is.
- The power of “can’t”: The word “can’t” makes strong people weak, blinds people who can see, saddens happy people, turns brave people into cowards, robs a genius of their brilliance, causes rich people to think poorly, and limits the achievements of that great person living inside us all.”
- When you create wealth, it’s your responsibility to return it to society.
- Learn to use your emotions to think, not think with your emotions.
- Face your fears and doubts, and new worlds will open to you.
- You’re only poor if you give up. The most important thing is that you did something. Most people only talk and dream of getting rich. You’ve done something.