Perfection defines the level of your performance in the tasks you do. It only states that your performance level is at the highest peak. Perfection is not dependent on improvement. Perfection is the state of being perfect. If you are perfect, then you can do undo things, this is the belief. Perfection gives you the freedom from faults and mistakes. A perfectionist never commits mistakes, but this is the myth that everyone believes. Until and unless, you don’t commit mistakes, you will never learn the correct thing to do.
A perfectionist is considered to be flawless but that’s not possible for any creature on this planet. Perfection defines your ability to complete the activities without any errors and flaws. It states your supreme excellence in the work you do. But supreme excellence and perfection are the terms that can be expected from a person from an imaginary world. Because in reality, perfect, perfection, perfectionist and perfectionism don’t exist at all.
Types of Quotes
Excellent Quotes on Perfection
The work you do can be lagging some skills that need to be done to complete the task and achieve success in it. You can always improve yourself with each step in your life. But reaching a point where you will be a perfectionist is just a contradictory statement. Check out some excellent quotes on perfection.
- I abhor the idea of a perfect world. It would bore me to tears.- Shelby Foote.
- Perfection does not exist – you can always do better and you can always grow.– Les Brown.
- The intellect of man is forced to choose. Perfection of the life, or work.- W. B. Yeats.
- Perfection is not a polished thing. It is often simply something that is sincerely meant.- Mature Jenny, ‘Call The Midwife’.
- It’s a delightful thing to think of perfection; but it’s vastly more amusing to talk of errors and absurdities.- Fanny Burney.
- I think what is interesting in life is all the cracks and all the flaws and all the moments that are not perfect.- Clemence Poesy.
- No good work whatever can be perfect, and the demand for perfection is always a sign of a misunderstanding of the ends of art.- John Ruskin.
- The safest principle through life, instead of reforming others, is to set about perfecting yourself.– B. R. Haydon.
- One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn’t exist…Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.– Stephen Hawking.
- Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.- Criss Jami.
- Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.- Leonard Cohen.
Inspirational Quotes on Perfection
You can always try to be perfect because the practice has no end. Practice can make you better and improve the skills that you will be lacking in yourself. Giving up on anything is not at all an option to carry ahead. Read the quotes that will motivate you to keep working hard and move ahead not to become a perfectionist but to become a better version of yourself.
- The thing that is hard, and amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself. – Anna Quindlen.
- A person had to work hard for it, but a minute of perfection was worth the effort.- Chuck Palahniuk, ‘Fight Club’.
- Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.- Colin Powell.
- True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.- Jason Jordan.
- Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection, that one is sometimes willing to commit sins for the sake of loyalty.- George Orwell.
- I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for; perfection is God’s business.- Michael J. Fox
- Quality of work can be expected only through personal satisfaction, dedication, and enjoyment. In our profession, precision and perfection are not dispensable luxuries, but simple necessities.- Niklaus Wirth.
- I don’t believe in perfection. I don’t think there is such a thing. But the energy of wanting things to be great is a perfectionist energy.- Reese Witherspoon.
- Two beautiful wings are perfection. There is a generation of people who idealize perfection as the existence of only one of these wings every time. But I see that a bird with one wing is imperfect. An angel with one wing is imperfect. A butterfly with one wing is dead. So this generation of people strive to always cut off the other wing in the hopes of embodying their ideal of perfection, and in doing so, have created a crippled race.- C. JoyBell C.
Quotes on Perfection is Myth
Perfection never really existed in the real world. It is just a term that sometimes defines your performance level to the peak from where you don’t need to rectify anything or improve anything. But all these are just a part of illusion and myth. Check out some quotes that will help you to know perfection is a myth.
- Nobody’s perfect. We’re all just one step up from the beasts and one step down from the angels.- Jeanette Walls.
- Perfection is terrible, it cannot have children.- Sylvia Plath.
- A certain type of perfection can only be realized through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect.- Haruki Murakami.
- It is reasonable to have perfection in our eye that we may always advance toward it, though we know it can never be reached.- Samuel Johnson.
- Only gods can safely risk perfection … it’s a dangerous thing for a man.- Frank Herbert.
- Finality is death. Perfection is finality. Nothing is perfect. There are lumps in it.- James Stephens.
- Perfection doesn’t exist in anyone. Striving for perfection in any part of our lives is a recipe for failure since it can never be attained.- Dr. John Grohol.
- Whoever tries to imagine perfection simply reveals his emptiness.- George Orwell.
- How many things by season seasoned are, To their right praise and true perfection!- William Shakespeare.
- Perfection is a trifle dull. It is not the least of life’s ironies that this, which we all aim at, is better not quite achieved.- W. Somerset Maugham.
Quotes Written In Bible On Perfection
Bible has defined perfection in many definitions. It has defined perfection based on your wisdom, your maturity level, your brainpower, etc. You can be good at any task, you can improve yourself to better and also you can improve yourself to best. But improving yourself to become a perfectionist is a difficult task. Because perfection has no endpoint that will give you a tag as a perfectionist. So check out some quotes from Bible that has defined perfection.
- Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away.- Corinthians 2:6.
- I have seen a limit to all perfection; Your commandment is exceedingly broad.- Psalm 119:96.
- And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.- Corinthians 12:9.
- Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.- Philippians 3:12.
- Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.- Matthew 5:48.
- Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord.- Hebrews 13:20.
- The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.- Psalm 19:7.
- Let us, therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you.- Philippians 3:15.
- O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.- Isaiah 25:1.
- After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.- Peter 5:10.
Best One Liner Quotes On Perfection
Perfection is a destination that you can never reach because the destination has not a fixed place. Your journey will just continue forever but you cannot meet your destination of perfection just as two parallel lines move together. Here are some one-liner quotes on perfection. Check it out.
- Nobody wants to watch perfection.- Nicolas Cage.
- The true work of art is but a shadow of divine perfection.- Michelangelo.
- Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it- Salvador Dali.
- Imperfection is perfection.- Flume.
- Perfection of character is this: to live each day as if it were your last, without frenzy, without apathy, without pretense.- Marcus Aurelius.
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.- Aristotle.
- The pursuit of perfection often impedes improvement.- George Will.
- I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion.- Yohji Yamamoto.
- Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.- Voltaire.
- The perfection of art is to conceal art.- Quintilian.
Awesome Imperfection Quotes On Perfection
Imperfection makes you more beautiful and chasing after perfection makes you a person who is no more interested to stop for a while and check what is the fault they are committing. When you know there will be an endpoint to your journey, you improve more and move ahead with excitement. But when you never meet that point, you feel like a failure. Create the best version of yourself. Check out some awesome quotes over here.
- I’m not looking for the perfect man. I’m looking for a man whose imperfections I can put up with.- Devon Ashley.
- The more I feel imperfect, the more I feel alive.- Jhumpa Lahiri, ‘In Other Words’.
- Don’t pointless things have a place, too, in this far-from-perfect world? Remove everything pointless from an imperfect life, and it’d lose even its imperfection.- Haruki Murakami, ‘Sputnik Sweetheart’.
- To love another human in all of her splendor and imperfect perfection, is a magnificent task…tremendous and foolish and human.- Louise Erdrich, ‘The Last Report On The Miracles At Little No Horse’.
- Until we can receive with an open heart, we are never really giving with an open heart.- Brene Brown, ‘The Gifts Of Imperfection’.
- She was completely whole and yet never fully complete.- Marquita Donyel Irvin, ‘Stories Of A Polished Pistil: Lace And Ruffles’.
- Life aren’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be lived. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically lived.- Mandy Hale, ‘The Single Woman: Life, Love, And A Dash Of Sass’.
- No person is completely wicked, just as no person is perfect. We are all grey.- Sweety Shinde, ‘Arjun: Without A Doubt’.
- Nothing and no one is perfect. It just takes a good eye to find those hidden imperfections.- Daphne Delacroix.
- Beauty is the shadow of imperfection.- Simon Van Booy, ‘Everything Beautiful Began After.
Amazing Self- Perfection Quotes
When you think you are perfect in your way, you will have a great journey towards success. Stop defining yourself based on the perfection level, start creating yourself as a better person with each passing day. Becoming better will automatically make you perfect. You don’t need a tag from others to become a perfectionist. Check out some quotes on self-perfection.
- Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.― Jim Rohn
- No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.― Madonna
- Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.― Albert Einstein
- Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.― George Bernard Shaw
- A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
- Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.― William Faulkner
- When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your weak points.― Confucius
- There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.― Ernest Hemingway
- One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Wilhelm Meister’s Apprenticeship
Wonderful Quotes on Perfectionism
Perfectionism restricts you to explore more and let yourself enjoy more. Your focus will only be towards reaching the perfection level and meanwhile you will be missing out on a lot of things that hold much importance in your life. Try to give your best and be the best but stop chasing after perfection. Here are some quotes on perfectionism. Check them out.
- Perfectionism is not the same thing as striving to be our best. Perfectionism is not about healthy achievement and growth; it’s a shield.- Brene Brown
- Perfectionism becomes a badge of honor with you playing the part of the suffering hero. -David D. Burns
- However, don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.-Marilu Henner
- Perfectionism kills art. I find that if I criticize myself, it spoils the fun. You can get paralyzed by analysis – it takes all the playfulness away. -Geri Halliwell
- There is nothing perfect, no one can be perfect, and perfectionism is something you shouldn’t chase. -Shawn Crahan
- Perfectionism rarely begets perfection, or satisfaction – only disappointment. -Ryan Holiday
- But I always feel that whatever I do, I could do better. I suppose it is perfectionism.-Rowan Atkinson
- Perfectionism is not a quest for the best. It is a pursuit of the worst in ourselves, the part that tells us that nothing we do will ever be good enough – that we should try again. -Julia Cameron
- Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor.-Anne Lamott
- I have to say that I’ve always believed perfectionism is more of a disease than a quality. I do try to go with the flow but I can’t let go.- Rowan Atkinson