In our society, people do not understand the importance of mental health. There are many people who see it as a myth or a taboo. A lot of us are still insecure and uncomfortable talking about it. The two components of your health are mental and physical health. How can one just neglect mental health? With all the suicide rates sky-rocketing, it’s high time that we all start becoming more aware of our mental health. Studies have shown that more than half of us have been diagnosed with some form of mental illness in our lives. The researchers and studies show us that it is time that we start taking care of our minds and mental health.
I hope you understand the importance of mental health. Not everyone thinks like this. They do not understand how vital it is to our well-being. Let’s create awareness and help people with their mental health.
Types of Quotes
Some Mental Health Quotes
Mental health encompasses our emotional, psychological and social well-being. There are so many things that occur in our lives that see our mental health in turmoil. It is no doubt that it is an important part of our lives. Some quotes about mental health.
- If you’re going through hell, keep going
- Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves
- Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain
- If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken
- Change what you can, manage what you can’t
- There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in
- There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
- You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.
- Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
- I understand your pain. Trust me, I do. I’ve seen people go from the darkest moments in their lives to living a happy, fulfilling life. You can do it too. I believe in you. You are not a burden. You will never be a burden
Mental Health Quotes From Literature
Books are a great source of knowledge and wisdom. We learn so much and gain so much from books. There have been countless authors throughout history who have talked about mental health. Some quotes about mental health from literature.
- Keep walking. If I look back I am lost
- I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am, I am, I am
- In some mysterious way it became clear to him that there was no darkness, only the possibility of losing sight of a light that shone eternally
- If clouds are blocking the sun, there will always be a silver lining that reminds me to keep on trying
- There have been times, lately, when I dearly wished that I could change the past. Well, I can’t, but I can change the present, so that when it becomes the past it will turn out to be a past worth having.
- We’ve got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen
- A fighter can be a winner, but that doesn’t make a winner a fighter.
- I shan’t be lonely now. I was lonely; I was afraid. But the emptiness and the darkness are gone; when I turn back into myself now I’m like a child going at night into a room where there’s always a light
- I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.
Some Quotes About Mental Health From Professionals
Mental health needs to be dealt with with the help of professionals. These people have years of experience and studied the human mind. They understand the situation and things. Some quotes about mental health from professionals.
- We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.
- Don’t let your struggle become your identity
- Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going
- The only journey is the journey within
- What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation
- Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise
- If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.
- All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
- I fight for my health every day in ways most people don’t understand. I’m not lazy. I’m a warrior
Mental Health Awareness Quotes
The current generation is the most depressed generation of all time. People die of suicide more than smoking. It is time that we make talking about mental health a norm. Some quotes to create awareness
- At the end of you life, if you can say to yourself, “When I die, someone is better off because I lived,” then you have accomplished your mission. You can rest peacefully
- I didn’t want to be sad, but I didn’t know why I was sad or how not to be sad or how to talk about it. I was broken. I felt broken. My body ached. My stomach hurt. I couldn’t sleep. Nothing was pleasurable. Every morning, I woke up knowing I’d failed before my feet hit the ground. At night, I’d lie in bed and wish for a terminal disease
- Anxiety is a feeling grown too large. A feeling grown aggressive and dangerous. You’re responsible for its consequences, you’re responsible for treating it. But Michael, you’re not responsible for causing it
- Mental illness sucks
- The drugs kicked in immediately, and I felt the effects of the heavy sedatives very quickly. I tried to fight them off, but they took a very strong hold over my mind and body. That’s the last thing I remember for three days.
- I have never seen battles quite as terrifyingly beautiful as the ones I fight when my mind splinters and races, to swallow me into my own madness, again
- When your mental health becomes impacted by social media then it is time for a detox.
- Therapy is nothing but education in yourself; an opportunity to elevate the way you live your life. I’d recommend therapy to anyone, not just someone who lives with mental illness
- Lesser the needs, greater the peace.
- The effect of neglecting your mental health trickles down to everything else in your life.
Inspirational Mental Health Quotes
Millions of people all around the world struggle with mental health problems. Many people also die because it gets too tough. We all have been touched by mental illness directly or indirectly. Some inspirational mental health quotes.
- Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them
- This feeling will pass. The fear is real but the danger is not.
- You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human
- I found that with depression, one of the most important things you can realize is that you’re not alone. You’re not the first to go through it, you’re not gonna be the last to go through it
- The humanity we all share is more important than the mental illnesses we may not
- Life doesn’t make any sense without interdependence. We need each other, and the sooner we learn that, the better for us all
- Tough times never last, but tough people do
- I keep moving ahead, as always, knowing deep down inside that I am a good person and that I am worthy of a good life
- My dark days made me stronger. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it
- Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but, importantly, YOU ARE NOT THE RAIN
Mental Health Awareness Quotes For Social Media
Social media is a great way to create awareness for anything. In social media, many campaigns have been created. People have started movements on it. Some mental health awareness quotes for social media.
- These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
- Your illness does not define you. Your strength and courage does.
- My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life does not have to come last.
- Mental illness isn’t always easy to see. Start talking.
- To that one soul reading this: I know you’re tired, you’re fed up, you’re close to breaking. But, there’s strength within you, even when you feel weak. Keep fighting.
- Don’t be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others.
- Mental health: It’s so common, it could be anyone. The trouble is, nobody wants to talk about it. And that makes everything worse.
- Stay strong. Your story isn’t over.
- Let’s get rid of the fear! Let’s talk about mental health.
- Healing is not linear.
- You aren’t what’s happened to you. You are how you’ve overcome it.
Up-Lifting Mental Health Quotes
People suffer from mental illnesses. It gets difficult. The main thing about mental illness is that the symptoms are not visible to the world. So we can never know what actually is happening.
- You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you
- Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way
- Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars
- My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it
- There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t
- Take your time healing, as long as you want. Nobody else knows what you’ve been through. How could they know how long it will take to heal you
- Self-care is how you take your power back
- Let your story go. Allow yourself to be present with who you are right now
- Recovery is not one and done. It is a lifelong journey that takes place one day, one step at a time
- One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart
Some Mental Health Quotes To Make You Happy
Mental health makes us sad. People feel down because of the things that have occurred in their lives. We struggle every day with these issues. Some mental heal quotes.
- What does your anxiety do? It does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but it empties today of its strength. It does not make you escape the evil; it makes you unfit to cope with it if it comes
- This feeling will pass. The fear is real but the danger is not
- Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light
- Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them
- What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.
- It’s up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind
- Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It’s the final taboo and it needs to be faced and dealt with.
- It is not the the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind
- It’s not just people who can’t find a job, or can’t fit in in society that struggle with depression sometimes
Also, Checkout –
- [New Messages] 142 Nelson Mandela Quotes on Education, Love, Leadership in 2023
- [New] 99 Travelling Quotes for Travellers in 2023
- [New Messages] William Brad Pitt Quotes on Love in 2023
- [New Messages] 108 Forest Day Quotes for Saving Forests in 2023
- [New Wishes] Propose Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings in 2023