Fathers Day is given a holiday in catholic countries of Europe to honor fatherhood and parenthood. Also, to make people aware of the importance of fathers in their life. This day was observed on 19th March as Saint Joseph’s Day from the middle ages. In the U.S.A., fathers day was started by Sonora Smart Dodd, and then it was celebrated for the first time on the third Sunday of June in 1910. But this day is celebrated in different countries on different dates. This day is celebrated to honor the fathers and fatherhood.
Originally this day was observed as a holiday to spend time with fathers and respect their presence and importance. But, then, it become commercialized by gifting cards, flowers, and gifts to fathers to show love and gratitude. This day is not observed just to show gratitude towards fathers only but is also celebrated to shower the love and gratitude on grandfathers, uncles, and husbands too.
Types of Quotes
Happy Fathers Day Quotes
Fathers Day should not be celebrated just on one day because fathers need their children’s love and affection every day in their lifetime. They love to spend time with their children. They work hard to give a life full of happiness and love to their children. Check out some fathers day quotes.
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.- Jim Valvano
- My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see the future. —Liza Minnelli
- Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father. -Barack Obama
- A father carries pictures where his money used to be. —Steve Martin
- Behind every great child is a truly amazing father.
- The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get. —Tim Russert
- My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be.- Cher Lloyd
- No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.- Hedy Lamarr
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. —Sigmund Freud
- My father was a saint. He was the closest thing to a saint that you can find in a normal man.- Indira Gandhi
Heartwarming Wishes for Fathers Day
A father is the one who never shows the feelings very openly but has a heart full of love, care, and affection for his children. To show the importance of fathers in our lives is difficult to put into words. The feelings of love and gratitude we have for him in our hearts can’t be explained through words. Here are some heartwarming wishes for fathers day.
- Thanks for being the coolest dad on the block!
- To the best man I know: Happy Father’s Day! Enjoy every moment of this special day.
- I’m grateful for you, Dad, and I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to pay you back for all that you’ve done for me. Happy Father’s Day!
- May you have a fulfilling year. Thank you for always being there, dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- I have learned everything required to live a good life from you! Thank you for always being there dad!
- I am filled with gratitude for your presence in my life and there’s no day like today to express this to you. Happy Father’s Day, dad!
- Dad, you’re my hero. Thanks for everything.
- Today’s your day, Dad. Enjoy it, and know-how loved you are! Thanks, Dad for everything you do for us. Happy Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s day to my wonderful Daddy. I love you to the moon… and back!
- Thank you for giving me so many favorite memories. Thank you for bringing love, acceptance, and joy into my life all these years. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
Inspirational Messages On Fathers Day
Fathers are the role model, inspirations, and the hero of their children. The children watch their father and follow his path to become like him. They admire their father and respect them for everything their fathers do for them and their happiness. Check out some inspirational messages for fathers on fathers day.
- When you need real understanding when you need someone to care when you need someone to guide you … A father’s always there. —Thomas J. Langley
- It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. —Anne Sexton
- There will always be a few people who dare to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father. —Alison Lohman
- A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
- A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead, he picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.
- My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do—be there. —Max Lucado
- No one in this world can love a girl more than her father. —Michael Ratnadeepak
- Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers, and singers of song.
- What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity. —Jean-Paul
Sweet Short Quotes For Fathers
On Fathers day, children make cards and paintings for their father to show their love and respect towards their father. This day shows the contribution of a father in raising their child. Check out some sweet and short quotes for fathers.
- One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. —George Herbert
- A girl’s first true love is her father. —Marisol Santiago
- The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched. —Justin Ricklefs
- Fathers just have a way of putting everything together. —Erika Cosby
- A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you. —Dimitri the Stoneheart
- A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.
- Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.
- A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day. —Susan Gale
- The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking. —Dan Pearce
- It is a wise father that knows his own child.—William Shakespeare
Funny Fathers Day Quotes
Fathers are the coolest one who cracks jokes and plays pranks with their children. They play with their children, tell stories to their children, and sometimes even make food of their children’s choices. The fathers work day and night to give a life full of luxury to their children. Here are some funny fathers day quotes.
- I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week. —Mario Cuomo
- You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out. —Jerry Seinfeld
- A father is a banker provided by nature. —French proverb
- Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow. —Reed Markham
- Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows. —Al Unser
- A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he is meant to be. —Frank A. Clark
- By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. —Charles Wadworth
- You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s. He’s more particular. —Robert Frost
- A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father. —Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one. —Linda Poindexter
Happy Fathers Day Messages For Grandfathers
Fathers Day is not just celebrated to honor the importance of fathers, but also to show love, respect, and gratitude to the grandfathers, uncles, and husbands who are fathers too. Every man is a father and deserves love and respect from the younger generation. Check out some happy fathers day messages for grandfathers.
- Grandfathers are for loving and fixing things.
- We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.”—Henry Ward Beecher
- A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.
- When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son. —The Talmud
- One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather. —Joy Hargrove
- Grandpas bring a little wisdom, happiness, warmth, and love to every life they touch.
- To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms, but terrified of the word boo.”—Robert Brault
- The best dads get promoted to grandpa.
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me. —Jim Valvano
- Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father. Lydia Maria Child
Emotional Fathers Day Quotes
Fathers are very emotional but they are also way too strong to show it. They never show their feelings and emotions directly to their children. They keep it submerged in the heart. Fathers day is celebrated cherish and honoring the journey of fatherhood. Here are some emotional fathers day quotes.
- My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it. — Clarence Budington Kelland
- Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow. — Reed Markham
- Good fathers do three things: they provide, they nurture, and they guide. — Roland Warren
- Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad. — Anne Geddes
- A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. —Billy Graham
- Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!! — Philip Whitmore Snr
- When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back. — Linda Poindexter
- A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
- Nothing makes me feel stronger than knowing that I have a dad who’s got my back.
- Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. — Ruth E. Renkel
Amazing Fathers Day Quotes In Hindi
Fathers are the pillars of their children their lives. The fathers stand before every obstacle to protect their children. The fathers are the shoulders for their children to cry on. They are the Santa Claus of their children who fulfill every wish of their children. Check out some amazing fathers day quotes in Hindi.
- चंद सिक्कों में कहां तुम को वफा मिलती है, बाप के हाथ भी चूमो तो दुआ मिलती है… तुम मोहब्बत की नजर से उन्हें देखो यारों, उन की मुस्कान में जन्नत की अदा मिलती है।
- निकाल के जिस्म से जो अपनी जान देता है, बड़ा ही मजबूत है वो पिता जो कन्यादान देता है …
- न मजबूरियां रोक सकीं, न मुसीबतें ही रोक सकीं… आ गया ‘पिता’ जो बच्चों ने याद किया, उसे तो मीलों की दूरी भी न रोक सकी।
- वो हाथ सिर पर रख दें तो आशीर्वाद बन जाता है, वो रोते हैं तो हमारा भी दिल दुख जाता है। पिता का दिल कभी न दुखाना, उनका तो झूठन भी प्रसाद बन जाता है।
- दुनिया में केवल पिता ही एक ऐसा इंसान है, जो चाहता है कि मेरे बच्चे मुझसे भी ज्यादा कामयाब हों ….
- एक बात हमेशा याद रखनी चाहिए, जीवन में पिता का स्थान प्रभु से कम नहीं है। पिता सदा हमारा ध्यान रखते हैं और निस्वार्थ प्यार करते हैं।
- पिता हारकर बाज़ी हमेशा मुस्कुराया, शतरंज की उस जीत को मैं अब समझ पाया।
- पिता नीम के पेड़ जैसा होता है, उसके पत्ते भले ही कड़वे हों पर वो छाया ठंडी देता है।
- नसीब वाले हैं जिनके सर पर पिता का हाथ होता है, जिद भी पूरी होती है अगर पिता का साथ होता है।
- धरती सा धीरज दिया और आसमान सी ऊंचाई है, जिंदगी को तरस के खुदा ने ये तस्वीर बनाई है। हर दुख वो बच्चों का खुद पर सह लेते हैं, उस खुदा की जीवित प्रतिमा को हम पिता कहते हैं।