George Raymond Richard Martin who is popularly known as GRRM is an American novelist, screenwriter, short story writer, and a popular tv show producer. He has written wonderful books. He has written a series of epic fantasy novels ‘A Song of Ice and Fire‘ which also got filmed in the Emmy award-winning HBO series Game of Thrones (2011-2019). He was also included in the annual Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world. His first sale was “The Hero” which was sold to Galaxy magazine and published in February 1971 issue. Martin is also a member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.
He is a wonderful writer and had written numerous magical pieces. He has also been appreciated for writing amazing novels and books by winning many awards. He has written novels, quotes, books on different types of topics such as fantasies, nature, fictions, etc. You can check the mesmerizing quotes of him over here.
Types of Quotes
Game of Thrones Quotes Written by Gorge R.R. Martin
Game of Thrones has been the most loved series by the people of every country. He has written wonderful dialogues and quotes in the series that have been appreciated by many. The characters present in the series were mostly loved by people. The quotes of the series have left a great impact on the hearts of the people. Check out the amazing Game of Thrones quotes written by George R.R. martin over here.
- When you play a game of thrones you win or you die.
- All halls lead somewhere. Where there is a way in, there is a way out. Fear cuts deeper than swords.
- Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.
- The singers make much of kings who valiantly die in battle, but your life is worth more than a sword. To me at least, who gave it to you.
- Tears aren’t a woman’s only weapon.
- Everything’s better with some wine in the belly.
- When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
- The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.
- Some old wounds never truly heal and bleed again at the slightest word.
- Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.
George R.R. Martin Amazing Quotes on Reading
Every writer is a great reader. Hence, reading is most important if you are interested in writing. Reading gives you an idea about writing and also improves the style and way of writing. George R.R Martin has penned down some amazing quotes on reading, writing, and related to books that will motivate you. Hence, check out his amazing quotes on reading and writing over here.
- A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge.
- Words are like arrows. Once loose, you cannot call them back.
- I hate outlines. I have a broad sense of where the story is going; I know the end, I know the end of the principal characters, and I know the major turning points and events from the books, the climaxes for each book, but I don’t necessarily know each twist and turn along the way. That’s something I discover in the course of writing and that’s what makes writing enjoyable. I think if I outlined comprehensively and stuck to the outline the actual writing would be boring.
- I want you to be afraid to turn the page (and to do that) you need to show right from the beginning that you’re playing for keeps.
- A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.
- I have idea files of books that I want to write one of these days, stories I want to write one of these days, but I’ll probably never get to them.
- I have some other novels I want to write. I have a lot of short stories – I love the short story.
- Sleep is good, he said, and books are better.
- People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy. So everybody better be on their toes. David and D.B. (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss co-creators of ‘Game Of Thrones’) are even bloodier than I am.
- The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real, for a moment at least, that long magic moment before we wake.
- All fiction has to have a certain amount of truth in it to be powerful.
Love Quotes By George R.R. Martin
Love is the feeling that gets more deepened by the words and the phrases. It is the most precious feeling in the world. The magic of love lasts forever. George R.R. Martin has given beautiful wings to the special feeling of love through words. Check out the beautiful quotes written by him over here.
- The things we love destroy us every time, lad. Remember that.
- I rose too high, loved too hard, dared too much. I tried to grasp a star, overreached, and fell.
- The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true.
- Love is the bane of honor, the death of duty.
- Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory and our great tragedy.
- Love is madness, and lust is poison.
- If ice can burn, then love and hate can mate.
- I have lived a thousand lives and I’ve loved a thousand loves. I’ve walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read.
- The more people you love, the weaker you are.
- Love is poison. A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same.
Best Winter Quotes By George R.R. Martin
Winter has been the most loved weather. The cold wind has beautifully wrapped the soul. During winters, the blanket and bed are the best friends for the people. The beauty of winter is just unexplainable. The view during the winters will melt your heart. Here are some quotes were written by George R.R. Martin on the winter season that will give you winter vibes. Check it out.
- My old grandmother always used to say, Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.
- In this world, only winter is certain.
- Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter, we must protect one another, keep each other warm, share our strengths.
- A long summer always meant a long winter to come.
- Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining.
- Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born.
- A cold wind was blowing from the north, and it made the trees rustle like living things.
- Nothing burns like the cold.
- They say it grows so cold up here in winter that a man’s laughter freezes in his throat and chokes him to death,” Ned said evenly. “Perhaps that is why the Starks have so little humor.
- The stone is strong. Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground, the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I’m not dead either.
Wonderful Quotes on Friendship By George R.R. Martin
Friendship is the most precious feeling and relationship in the world. We share every secret, every talk, and everything with our friends without any hesitation. Because we feel more comfortable in their company. Friends always support you and be there for you whenever you need them. They are the support system of our lives. Check out some wonderful friendship quotes written by George R.R. Martin.
- I had a couple of friends, but I was mostly the kid with his nose in a book.
- We’re lucky, really lucky. Our friends lost their house. We just had some burning embers put holes in the screens.
- Not everyone who spoke you friendly was your friend.
- My old grandmother always used to say, summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.
- When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend, men said. but the enemy of my friend is my enemy.
- It is one thing to go into battle with friends, and another to perish alone and despised.
- Friend or foe, the crows care not.
- Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time.
Best Quotes of George R.R. Martin on Fear
Fear has always kept the man behind. It overpowers the human mind and restricts them to work according to their wish. This also reduces the power to think, the confidence in humans, and also the will of the humans. Humans need to overshadow the fear and move ahead in life. Check out the wonderful quotes on fear written by George R.R. Martin.
- There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.
- Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the dire wolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods.
- The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome.
- Fear cuts deeper than swords.
- The man who fears losing has already lost.
- ‘That is the only time a man can be brave,’ his father told him.
- Bran thought about it. ‘Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?’
- What do we say to the Lord of Death?’ Not today.
Quotes on Life By George R.R. Martin
Life is a great teacher. It teaches you to be the best in the worst. It gives different situations to test your goodness and patience. It is your friend who supports you whenever you think it’s not your cup of tea. Life has never pushed you to hell, it is you and your deeds that make you feel you are in hell. Have a positive surrounding around you and positive thoughts in your mind to lead a happy life. Check out some amazing quotes on life written by George R.R. Martin.
- Death is so final, while life is full of possibilities.
- A bruise is a lesson, and each lesson makes us better.
- Jaime reached for the flagon to refill his cup. “So many vows…they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It’s too much. No matter what you do, you’re forsaking one vow or the other.
- A craven can be as brave as any man when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor. Yet soon or late in every man’s life comes a day when it is not easy, a day when he must choose. (Maester Aemon)
- Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old.
- Fantasy is silver and scarlet, indigo and azure, obsidian veined with gold and lapis lazuli. The reality is plywood and plastic, done up in mud brown and olive drab. Fantasy tastes of habaneros and honey, cinnamon and cloves, rare red meat, and wines as sweet as summer. Reality is beans and tofu, and ashes at the end.
- How can you still count yourself a knight, when you have forsaken every vow you ever swore?”
- We all need to be mocked from time to time, lest we take ourselves too seriously.
- Men live their lives trapped in an eternal present, between the mists of memory and the sea of shadow that is all we know of the days to come.
- Men’s lives have meaning, not their deaths.
Some Humor Quotes of George R.R. Martin
Humor is an essential part of life. It gives humans the to live the moment they are in. It makes you laugh out loud when you feel low and depressed. Humor is the main reason that humans still live with positivity despite facing hard situations sometimes. Check out some amazing humor quotes of George R.R. Martin over here.
- “Go Ahead, call me all the names you want,” Sansa said airily. “You won’t dare when I’m married to Joffrey. You’ll have to bow and call me Your Grace.” She shrieked as Arya flung the orange across the table. It caught her in the middle of the forehead with a wet squish and plopped down into her lap. “You have juice on your face, Your Grace,”
- If you need help bark like a dog.
- And what lesson can we draw from Volantene history? If you want to conquer the world, you best have dragons.
- That’s stupid. If I need help I’ll shout for help.
- My sister has mistaken me for a mushroom. She keeps me in the dark and feeds me shit.
- How would you like to die, Tyrion son of Tywin? In my bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden’s mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty,” he replied.
- How odd. I think quite the same of you.
- Sometimes I feel as though you are the best friend I have in King’s Landing and sometimes I feel you are my worst enemy.
Best Quotes Of George R.R. Martin
Sir George Martin has written awesome poetry, dialogues, and quotes that have awakened different types of emotions on the face as well as heart. He has written on so many topics such as nature, love, death, friendship, life, war, betrayal, solitude, etc. Here are some of his best-written quotes to make your day more special.
- We’re children. We’re supposed to be childish.
- Courage and folly are cousins, or so I’ve heard.
- Soon comes the cold, and the night that never ends.
- The past remains the past. We can learn from it, but we cannot change it.
- The Gods give with one hand and take with the other.
- Sometimes there is no happy choice, Sam, only one less grievous than the others.
- The years leech at a man’s memories, even those he has vowed never to forget.
- Even in dreams, you could not fall forever.
- Give me a good sharp knife and a good sharp cheese and I’m a happy man.
- Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens.
- It was that white cloak that soiled me, not the other way around.