Humans have been competitive since their creation. We have been competitive for food, money and to pass on our genes. We can say that competition runs in our blood. We all are looking to be the best and do our best all the time. We all want the best for us and want to do the best because it is believed that if do our best and become the best nothing can stop us. Competition plays an important part in business and life. Without competition, businessmen and companies would start slacking off. It would mean an end to innovation and would lead to the formation of a monopoly. The spirit of competition needs to be kept alive and should be kept alive for the good of human beings so we can go on ahead.
Life is full of competition and hardships. Are you highly competitive? Do you love love the drive that competition gives you?
Types of Quotes
Competitive Quotes For The Competitive Mind
Competition is important. Competition keeps the fire in us alive. Gets us going and makes the fire hot. Here are some competitive quotes.
- Man is not, by nature, deserving of all that he wants. When we think that we are automatically entitled to something, that is when we start walking all over others to get it
- Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights
- The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
- Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks
- Anyone who imagines they can work alone winds up surrounded by nothing but rivals, without companions. The fact is, no one ascends alone
- If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After awhile you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place
- Never compete with someone who has nothing to lose
- A coward talks to everyone but YOU
- Real learning comes about when the competitive spirit has ceased
Motivating Quotes About Competition
Sometimes competition gets us going. It helps us with the drive, keeps us moving. It keeps us motivated and going. Here are some motivating quotes about competition.
- Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almost
- Winning is fun…. Sure. But winning is not the point. Wanting to win is the point. Not giving up is the point. Never letting up is the point. Never being satisfied with what you’ve done is the point
- When I need to push myself, I think of all those nicely polished trophies waiting to be lifted up by the winner—and how that winner might be me
- For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream
- There are always new, grander challenges to confront, and a true winner will embrace each one
- Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve ever done before
- Competing at the highest level is not about winning. It’s about preparation, courage, understanding and nurturing your people, and heart. Winning is the result
- A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals
- I try to do the right thing at the right time. They may just be little things, but usually they make the
Competitive Quotes In Business
In, business competition is essential without competition. The companies would form into big monopolies. Here are some quotes about competitive quotes about business.
- The time your game is most vulnerable is when you’re ahead. Never let up
- World trade means competition from anywhere; advancing technology encourages cross-industry competition. Consequently, strategic planning must consider who our future competitors will be, not only who is here today
- Creativity may well be the last legal unfair competitive advantage we can take to run over the competition
- Companies that solely focus on competition will die. Those that focus on value creation will thrive
- Competition is always a good thing. It forces us to do our best. A monopoly renders people complacent and satisfied with mediocrity
- A horse never runs so fast as when he has other horses to catch up and outpace
- Number 1: Cash is king. Number 2: Communicate. Number 3: Buy or bury the competition
- The weakness of an enemy forms part of your own strength
- Becoming number one is easier than remaining number one
Quotes About Unhealthy Competition
Competition can be unhealthy. This can lead to unhealthy feelings and emotions. If the competition gets us motivated but too much of it can become extremely unhealthy.
- Do not wait until the near end of your life to realize that you have not fully lived to love
- I didn’t have to go all the way to India for spiritual enlightenment. The blue-collar spirituality of everyday life was right in front of me, it was in every nook and cranny if I wanted to seek it, but I had chosen to ignore it
- America breeds ambition and while that can be a good thing, sometimes it’s not. Ambition also breeds competition and that can be a very bad thing. People become chronically preoccupied with competing and don’t know when to stop. It can become unhealthy
- I’m always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can’t understand is, if they don’t know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?
- Ever since the French Revolution, people throughout the world have gradually come to see both equality and individual freedom as fundamental values. Yet the two values contradict each other. Equality can be ensured only by curtailing the freedoms of those who are better off
- When I’m really purring it, I feel as if my whole left side – from knee to hip to shoulder – is turning behind me as I swing through the ball
- The pinnacle of human consciousness must be the rejection of unhealthy competition, war and violence
- If we play genie and grant client wishes, we are apt to construct castles of code in the air
- They talked on into the early morning, the high, pale cast of light in the windows, and they did not think of leaving
Competitive Quotes About Sports
The world of sports is full of competition. Competition is deeply rooted in the world of sports. Sports is nothing without competition. Sports is all about competition.
- Winning isn’t everything, but it beats anything that comes in second
- The key is not the will to win… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important
- When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion
- Losing feels worse than winning feels good
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed
- A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning
- Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday
- Show me a gracious loser and I’ll show you a failure
- Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing
Funny And Inspirational Quotes About Competition
Some we get worked with all the completion in our lives. It is extremely difficult to let loose and chill out. Humour can be a great way to cope with pressure. Here, are some funny quotes about competition.
- I’m in competition with myself and I’m losing
- Competition brings out the best in products and the worst in people
- There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there
- A merchant who approaches business with the idea of serving the public well has nothing to fear from the competition
- Sure, I have advice for people starting to write. Don’t. I don’t need the competition
- I don’t know if it’s just me or everyone, but the whole vibe with skiing is not so much thriving on competition against others as it is against myself and the clock
- I don’t like the idea of competition – maybe because I kept losing them when I was a kid. Maybe it’s better to be the one who loses?
- No matter what the competition is, I try to find a goal that day and better that goal.
- I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn’t know how to get along without it
Quotes That Encourage Competition
Sometimes you want to encourage competition. Competition leads to improvement in people. A sense of competition can lead to growth in people. Here are some pro-competition quotes.
- Competition is the keen cutting edge of business, always shaving away at costs
- The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort
- Number one, cash is king… number two, communicate… number three, buy or bury the competition.
- n my fifty years of experience and memory, I have seen the most amazing increase in the standard of living of a people ever achieved anywhere in the world. This is why I am so sure that our system of free competition and industrial development is sound and must be preserved
- I have always been vitally interested in physical conditioning. I have long believed that athletic competition among people and nations should replace violence and wars
- Monopolists who fear competition and who distrust democracy because it stands for equal opportunity would like to secure their position against small and energetic enterprise
- Just as predatory animals follow a similar general design and behave in similar ways, so organizations, especially those in competition with one another, must follow certain design principles if they are to succeed and prevail
- And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race, because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department
- Competition helps people figure it out
Quotes To Loosen The Competition
From time to time competition can be suffocating and harmful for you. There are occasions where just want to chill out of the atmosphere. It is important to loosen up from here and there. Here are some quotes to loosen the competition.
- Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed – there’s so little competition
- And I’ve always – the competition is one aspect of the job, but I think if you’re too busy worrying about the competition, you don’t focus enough on what you’re doing.
- All you now do is pursue your private objectives within society. Instead of us being a community, everybody is asked to seek their own personal ends. It’s called competition. And competition is antagonism
- Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off
- The ultimate victory in competition is derived from the inner satisfaction of knowing that you have done your best and that you have gotten the most out of what you had to give
- The kind of society which we still have is maybe, in some cases, getting worse. Competition is becoming a virtue
- You should be having more fun in high school, exploring things because you want to explore them and learning because you love learning — not worrying about competition
- An artist is somebody who enters into competition with God
- The thought that we’re in competition with Russians or with Chinese is all a mistake, and trivial. We are one species, with a world to win